Control Room - Monitor - ASIO Direct Monitoring

Hi, need help to understand why I get latency issues using “ASIO Direct Monitoring” but not as I’m playing Instruments via MIDI. For me this can’t be a Driver/latency problem, or!? I’m using a Tascam US-20x20 under ASIO4All.

VST Audio system under System Setup reports ‘2.449 ms’ both for input and output Latency.

I’m trying to Direct Monitor my drums as I play, but the latency is to severe. :frowning:

It’s so close to perfect. :slight_smile:

I guess I figured my latency issue out. My high latency is related to the ‘Plugin Delay Compensation (PDC)’. But by using the “Constrain Delay Compensation” it became manageable. Hope it is useful for anyone else.

It would be nice to get a list of the plugins affected by ‘CDC’, and an overall list of installed plugins and their individual latency.

In general every plugin is affected by constrain delay compensation. It depends on where they are in the signal chain, and what their inherent plugin delay is. Explained in the manual.

in general every plugin is affected

I’m quite happy how/that it works, was more interested/curious in a presented list of project plugins and how they are affected by CDC and Normal. (reduced performance, latency standard/reduced or if disabled)
More to get a general feel for the components regarding a quality/performance reference from a tech side, in relation to my feel and experienced musicality of the plugins.

No biggie.

Cheers :slight_smile: