Control room No sound in Phones when in Sample Editor Cubase 12.0.40

What I see, here, is the following :

• If the Preferences > VST > Control Room > Use Phone Channel as Preview Channel option is activated, I receive the audio signal in my headphones, this, with the following output routing :

• If it isn’t activated, I receive the signal in my monitors (Main channel).

The whole thing is at it is, even if, yes, it would be nice to be able to get the signal on both outputs, as we can, using the Control Room with a playback from the Arrange page.

The main issue, for me, is that all the output routing of the different Cubase features isn’t consistent : in example, when the Control Room is activated ,the MediaBay always outputs its signal to the Main channel, no matter how the VST > Control Room > Use Phone Channel as Preview Channel option is set…

2 Likes

In the meantime I ditched the CR-Headphones bus and now use my headphones on another CR-Monitor bus. I don’t get to enjoy individual volume settings anymore but at least I don’t have to got to the Preferences on a daily basis.

1 Like

Just stumbled over this thread with the same issue and I’m also a bit confused how this is intended. It wouldn’t do any harm to offer the option to output the editor’s output on Monitor 1 as well as on the phones channel. I use a set of speakers on Monitor 1 as well as Slate’s VSX on the Phones channel and I need the editor’s signal go to both of these outputs for being able to go back and forth between the two listening environments. Utilizing the second monitor output is not practical since I can’t load plugins (like VSX) for just one of the monitor outputs so I would have to constantly turn off and on VSX. This defeats the purpose of this feature.

1 Like

Oh, this you can do.
CR

1 Like

Thanks a bunch, I obviously missed that. :slight_smile: