Control Room settings not saved with project (Cubase Pro 9.5)

If I set F4 [Audio Connections] > Control Room so that Monitor Audio goes to device port 1&2 (stereo buss) all is well whilst working in the project.
The setting in [Audio Connections] > Outputs goes to ‘not connected’ for that stereo pair, but it doesn’t seem to matter to my workflow, the audio still goes to the soundcard/mixer and I can carry on working as normal.

The problem comes when I save the project and try to recall it later.

The control room setting is not retained - but the setting for he main [Audio Connections] > Outputs selection does not revert to 1&2 either, so there is no audio until I select something.

I can obviously workaround this by going into the audio connections dialog each time I start or go back to a project but it clearly isn’t right. Feels like a bug to me, which is why I’ve posted it here in the Issues section.

Are there any other workarounds / solutions that people have discovered?

Hi,

Control Room is not part of projects, this is global settings. Inputs and Outputs (tabs) are part of projects.

Thanks for the reply.

I’ve had a look at the manual but can’t figure out where I’d change the global settings for this.

In [Preferences] > Control Room there are a few settings but none of them refer to routing.

I did already try to save the entire setup in a new template but I don’t think that amounts to anything more than a project, so it doesn’t work either.
Any suggestions about how to fix this?

Hi,

What do you want to achieve?

All settings you make in the Audio Connections > Control Room is global. Now project/template related.

Just tried this all again and experimenting with a new empty project etc… I got it to work. I took your comment “All settings you make in the Audio Connections > Control Room is global” to mean that any of those settings ought to be retained upon closing of cubase, rather than finding a specific dialog for them. Ultimately that was very helpful to me.

I haven’t got to the root of the what was happening but perhaps something to do with the F4 Audio Connections > Output setup in a particular project was overriding the control room setup.

But I have now managed to open existing project and new project with existing template too and find the audio in the order that I wish.

Thanks very much for your help - much appreciated.

NB And in answer to your question “what am I trying to achieve?” The only reason I’m doing this is so I have some control over the metronome volume whilst playing/ recording in the project. It feels like using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut but it seems to be the only way of doing it in the latter cubase versions.