I felt the URGENCY to get back on this topic ASAP.
The amount of misinformation on the subject : " do I need an Hardware Controller? " is astonishing!
First and foremost: do you make a living out of composing, mixing, or mastering music?
If that’s the case, you DONT need any type of Hardware Touch Sensitive faders to get your job done.
NOW! Do you have a Post job? are you mixing 20’ ; 25’ ; 40’ ; 45’ ; 50’ …and over an hour of Films, Docs, whatever sound for film you need to do and you’re on a DEADLINE?!
YES! There is no way you can accomplish that without some type of controller.
Having said that, and on a totally different subject, this one is for FREDO:
- Ive spoke with Avid, they told me that the Eucon ( although it is a closed sku right now) is available for Steinberg to do their job.
I don’t know what to believe right now… ( but hey! even Logic has better support of Eucon than Steinberg, isn’t Eucon closed?!)
- Why is “transparent Mode” gone in Nuendo 10.1 without a warning?
- Why is the right click event menu decimated on Nuendo 10.1?
- Why can’t I save color prefs “decently” on an “established daw”?!
- Oh! believe me , I could go on forever…
Let me tell you something Steinberg: you guys keep on adding fancy Sh#t but retracting features that made Nuendo the ultimate Pro Tools Killer.
And let me tell you another thing FREDO: Either you guys get out of that LAZY zone trying to sum up Cubase with Nuendo, or the decline of Post guys using Nuendo will hit you hard.
Yup, this was a Rant FREDO…Get your shit together Steinberg, Im not a new member, I was there in Nuendo 2 with the RME package.
For all of you Post guys, the S3 is a great Tool, as is the Dock with an iPad, and…sorry for the Rant!