Control Surface Skipping Tracks

Hi all,

I have a Mackie-compatible control surface and I’m still getting familiar with it and its integration with Cubase, but I’ve hit a bit of a snag. Most of it works OK, but there is a button to change the bank of 8 tracks selected left and right. The buttons work, and I can see in Cubase that the set of tracks is changing their highlight accordingly, except at one specific spot in my project. There is a set of tracks that are just skipped over, and I cannot figure out why.

I assume this is something I have misconfigured in my project, but I don’t know how to change it. Any tips? I’ve included an image to explain what I mean; you can see as I shift left and right, a set of tracks (2-7) are totally skipped over. All the other tracks seem to be fine.

For the hell of it, I have moved those tracks around, and their “skip” behavior moves with them, so it seems something specific to those tracks.

Thanks for any advice. This is Cubase 11.0.0.

Is this an instrument with multiple outputs?

No they’re all only using one (Stereo) output. And I did just double-check; all of these instruments (including the ones that are selectable) are using the Kontakt VST and they only have the first Stereo output activated.

Well, unless they (ch2-7) are …

a) additional outputs of Westworld
or
b) their tracks are in a closed folder

… I don’t know what’s wrong. Maybe someone else has an idea.

Nope, they’re even in the same folder.

Strangely enough, I just chose to hit “duplicate” on one of the tracks and that duplicate is selectable. Presumably it has all the settings identical, so I’m not sure why it would work now. Perhaps it is a Cubase 11 bug I hit. Regardless, looks like I worked around my problem as I can just duplicate all the tracks and trash the old ones.

Thanks for the help though - I didn’t know that additional outputs or closing folders might also impact this, so I’ll keep an eye out for that in the future.