Controlling VST instruments & effects with BCR2000

Hi
I’ve acquired a Behringer BCR 2000 - intention was to use it as a controller for VST instruments and plug-ins.

I’m running Cubase 6.5 64 bit on Win 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Has anyone any experience of how to make this work? I’m trying to follow the instructions in the Behringer manual, using the “learn” function to build a preset for instruments/effects, which i will then save.
However, this doesn’t seem to work.

I’ve searched the forum, and the web, and there doesn’t seem to be much about using this control surface with Steinberg software.

I’m a MIDI novice, so perhaps I have a fundamental misunderstanding and it isn’t possible to do what I am trying to do? Or maybe it’s something to do with my having 64 bit Windows?

Any help or advice would be very gratefully received.

1. Ensure that you have installed the drivers correctly. Usually by plugging in the BCR and following the prompts gets the job done…not much different to installing a USB printer?

2. Verify that you are using the 64-Bit USB MIDI Driver 1.0.10 when selecting a driver to install when prompted.

3. Assuming this is all done - check the Devices Menu to see if the BCR appears.

The Generic Remote device page 493

Assignment via the Learn function within Cubase
Using the “QC Learn Mode” button on the Quick Controls tab in the Inspector, you can assign a parameter by moving the corresponding control:
~ Activate the “QC Learn Mode” button, select the slot to which you want to assign a parameter and use the desired control.
~ All automatable controls can be learned this way.