Convert stereotracks to mono?

Hi
A friend sends me tracks for mixing. They are all in stereo wich makes my harddrive sluggish when winding/rewinding…

I have tried the split audiofunction but as I understand it only make two separate tracks…
I know that he recorded in mono in Logic but he says that when he bounce the tracks they end up in stereo…

I now want to restore them to mono… HOW is the best/ easy way to accomplish that?.?

Micke.

Preferences - correct, there´s a checkbox in the Import dialogue “Split Stereo to Mono Files”.
Another solution is to use the great convert function in Nuendo, there you can convert multiple channel WAV´s to single mono files and vise versa.

Hmmm, thanks I think I give it a try…
Micke.

Yes the Convert - multi channel to mono and visa versa is an invaluable feature of Nuendo [ though it might have made to move to Cubase 10 now ] and the way to deal with your issue.

When I get a project one of the first things I do is to remove unneeded mono channels, group stereo , etc etc. just to tidy things up . These days cameras and field recorders can make all sorts of configurations that ‘slip’ past picture editors who know a poor audio minion is waiting down the line!

Hi thanks, Stupid of me to ask… I thought I had tried it out, but for some reason it did not work… yesterday it was easy done so, problem solved excuse me for asking before thinking…
Micke.