Converting A VST MIDI Track To An Audio Track

I am a Cubase 7.5 Artist user and new to the forum. I have been using Cubase for about 2 years, so I am a newbe…pleas be kind.

I have recorded a number of MIDI instrument tracks using 3rd party VST instruments. I have no issues with laying down the MIDI track and and getting it to play back ok. What I want to do is to convert the MIDI information into audio on another track (specific audio track I added) so that I can play with the audio characteristics (Eq, Gating, Delays, etc,) rather than do this in MIDI. I can do it if the instrument is external by routing the audio inputs from the external instrument to the new Audio track inputs, but…with an internal VST, I can’t figure out how to route the outputs of the VST to the inputs of the new Audio track.

Here is an example of what I’m trying to do.

I have a 3rd party VST synth set up in Cubase as a VST Instrument and I have layed an Instrument track down with it. The track is MIDI data. The VST synth audio output is routed through my audio interface to my monitors. I want to get the audio output to route to my new audio track as the Audio tracks input. Can’t figure out how to do this.

Any suggestions?

My Stuff:
Audio Interface - Focusrite 18i6
Platform - Windows 7 64 bit
CPU - i7 4790K 4.00GHz
Memory - 16GB
VST Synths - Aurturia V Collection 3

Tutorial: Rendering VST instruments into audio tr…: - YouTube

I didn’t watch the video but you have to set the locators then export audio on the file menu.

In the dialog you have to choose what you want to export and you have to find the vsti you want.

Also there’s a box to put it in the project on a track.

In Studio one you just hit Control/B and you’re done.

Hey, thanks for the replies. Have been sick for a couple of days, so only getting back now.

As I use Cubase 7.5 ARTIST, My audio connections are limited…(just really understood this after trying to render audio). To get the full audio capabilities of Cubase, looks like I need the full version. HOWEVER…the tutorial suggested was great and pointed me in a direction (Audio Exporting) which did allow me to export (render) my VST instruments into audio files within the project. I tried and, with some tweaking, was able to make it work.

Thanks swamptooth and Tacman7 for the assistance, I really appreciate it.