Converting ALL's to CPR files

Ok , i’ll give it ago , thanks

Nope still the same message with the dongle out and the latest Eliencer installed .
Im not messing with anything else my system works so i’ll find another system to run SX3 , not risking it if it’s not playing ball
Im on C11 but have 8.5/10/10.5 installed

And it’s the same dongle i used for SX3 back in the day lol

I’ll be interested to know how you get on either here or PM me (I am in UK)

1 Like

It seems like im in an ever revolving cycle . installed sx3 on my xp machine but because the licences are new they can’t be rad with an old version of the Elicencer and you can not install the later elicencer on an old netframe work …

(unhelpful post of the year)

I think there is a way to make the elicencer software work…found it on the steinberg site the other day for another poster (who wasn’t aware of google :slight_smile: )

let me have a look

basically install the old version of elc and update the elicencer database manually - so sx3 shoud work with XP and your C11 dongle…
(no guarantee obviously!)

1 Like

Ummm , not to sure on exactly what you mean , the older elicencer for SX 3.19 has been installed , it recognises the dongle in the EL but not the licences and when i try to retype the activation code it’s like upgrading to C11, you have a shorter code ,so do you mean enter the code from my "MY STEINBERG"into the older licencer , would that stop my dongle working with C11?
Sorry to sound stupid but it’s bee a few years since SX lol

no need to re-activate (obviously won’t work - those codes are ‘used’) - your dongle has a C11 licence already (?) so that works on previous versions
The last version of that XP compatible is eLicenser Control Center 6.7.1.8151

but those old versions know nothing of 21st century post-covid cubase 11 licences ( : ) )

so get the latest .sld file from here

theoretically this ‘may’ work

I tried to download the last XP licencer earlier but when i click to down load there’s nothing there and my download does not start

Cheers for your time on Boxing day lol

http://download.elicenser.net/downloads/Archive/eLC_6.7.1.8151/eLicenserControlSetup.exe

Nope , it just flashes and then nothing

works fine here - are you using chrome - it’s a bit fussy about https downloads

try right click and open in new tab

I’ll try and enter the file in the version EL on there , cheers

https://download.elicenser.net/downloads/SLD/SynsoPos407C.zip

is the latest .sld file

Ohh yes im on the case

I must be as thick as two short planks , all steps go well until following the file path , there is no such file path on the XP , i can see loads of sld files in one fold but not it the file path shown

• Close the eLicenser Control Center.

• Download the zipped .sld file (approx. 13 MB).

• Unzip the ‘SynsoPos407C.SLD’ file into this folder and replace the existing one:

• Windows: C:\ProgramData\eLicenser\eLD

yep - I think that bit is wrong
try
C:\Documents And Settings\All Users\Application Data\eLicenser\eLD

(it was all in that thread I linked :slight_smile: )

Opss sorry , i speed read the thread , been trying all day at this , started with just a screen light on , now i have a football stadium light system run the bloody thing just to see whats going on , i think my eyes ar slightly tired :wink:

Cheers bud im trying this now , i will not be defeated :wink:

1 Like

Close lol but no dice lol all was ok until in logs there’s only a text file nothing else

keep searching - the .sld file will be somewhere. Don’t have an XP system handy to assist.

1 Like