Converting notes to grace notes

No, all we can say at this point is that the software does not presently have this feature, but that it is on our wish list for the future.

2 Likes

+1

I hope you guys add this soon. If you record in real time with lots of grace notes then you have to delete notes and enter grace notes!

3 Likes

Really need this feature badly… Wonderfull program otherwise !!

1 Like

Cubase has a great “Replace note with grace note” feature. I miss this in Dorico. Unfortunately when I exported a midi file cleaned up using the excellent options in Cubase to Dorico using music XML, the file wasn’t read properly in Dorico, so had to do it manually. Hoping this will be fixed in the next update. Other than this Dorico is great.

3 Likes

We’re also hoping to implement transcription of grace notes when importing MIDI data, too, in a future version.

8 Likes

+1 for this as well!
Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

that would be great – dealing with Sibelius XML doesn’t import the grace notes as grace notes and because there’s no quick way of redoing a batch of them, it is indeed something of a pain.

1 Like

+1

It would be very cool to have this feature in Dorico!

2 Likes

Any chance of implementing this soon, Dorico team?

2 Likes

It’s not something that we have yet implemented at the time of writing, but it remains on our backlog for future implementation.

1 Like

Any update for 2022?

1 Like

Yes, Dorico 4 detects grace notes when importing MIDI, and it’s also now easy to convert notes to and from grace notes after the fact.

2 Likes