I have used 7, 7.5, 8, and now 8.5. The lists of new features are really short, this is why I am surprised when users praise these releases. I did get used to the new UI, as in, I’ve learned to accept it due to daily use, but that does not mean that I now find it, in any way, better that 6.5 UI and mixer. On the contrary.
Additions worth mentioning are:
- RIP which is still not quite there
- plugin manager
- track versions
- visibility agents and the whole shebang, which I stopped using because it’s creating a mess
- VCA’s are finally working after many many issues, but I still don’t like the implementation. I use them though
- chord track…personally I have no use for this
- import tracks from project would be nice, but it’s seriously under developed
Maybe I am missing a feature or two, but that’s it in a nutshell. 3 years of development.
The rest of the additions are fluff.
@WillB, obviously I am overseeing the good stuff, which is why I’ve asked you for a few examples. You don’t have to go into detail if you don’t have the time, just a list of post 6.5 features that would support your comment would do.
By the way, there was a similar thread a few months ago: