Copy and paste time signatures unpredictable

Hello, I’m not finding this in the forums or online.

When selecting a range of time signatures, copying them and then pasting them at the playhead it will add an additional time signature and make the last one wrong. For example if you’re copying 4/4, 3/4, 4/4, 2/4 … it will paste 4/4, 3/4, 4/4, 3/4, 4/4

Almost every variable and method I try results in this. I’ve also used Edit > Range > Global Copy with similar results.

Thanks for any insight, suggestions or solutions.

Hi,

I can reproduce it, reported to Steinberg.

What I see is this. After duplicating a range with changing Time Signatures, Cubase is adding additional time signature changes to the Signature Track.

Steps:

1. Empty Project
  2. Create Tracks: instrument, signature, marker track
  3. Insert time signatures 4/4, 3/4, 2/4, 4/4
  4. Set Locators to Range, (create cycle marker)
  5. Edit > Select All in Loop
  6. Duplicate

Result: The four measures are duplicated correctly, but two additional Time Signatures 3/4 and 4/4 are Added to the Signature Track. No measures are inserted on the project tracks, so it seems. My example has three cycles. I got the same results three time. I was able to delete the extra time signatures and then duplicate the cycle. The last cycle shows the extra time signatures, 3/4, 4/4.

See screen.

I’m not sure what to make of this. I don’t see why extra time signatures would be added to the Signature Track.