Copy automation to another region

Hello!, I just wanna know if it is possible to copy all the automation from one clip to another (I know that I can select all the lines and copy, bur is there any way to select a region and copy all its automations to a new one? (let’s say EQ, Volumen, Sends, etc.)Thanks!
Pablo

Yes. A few different ways. Dynamic or a static setting?

Dynamic or a static setting?

Mmm, sorry I don’t understand your question, I’m trying to get a fast way ala pro Tools, I copy down this process in the AVID DAW.

Pro tools HD:

Select a region with some automation values (Pan/eq/Volumen/Etc)

Edit / Copy special / Copy all automation

Select a new region and PASTE

I know how to copy parameters in mixer view, but not between regions in the main one.
Thanks for your help Erik.
Pablo

If it’s dynamic (different values) you can use the range tool and “show used automation on selected tracks”, then select, copy and paste. (cmd - c / cmd - v) (or alt drag)
Unfortunately more complicated than in PT, but you can easily copy a filter sweep envelope to volume

If it’s a static plugin setting you can use automation preview and copy plugin setting then paste plugin setting from the plugin menu and hit punch preview (to loop).

Copy the clip that has the original automation, with the option of automation following the clip checked, paste it onto the destination region. Then select the newly pasted clip and delete it.
Voila.

If it’s a static plugin setting you can use automation preview and copy plugin setting then paste plugin setting from the plugin menu and hit punch preview (to loop).

Thanks!

Copy the clip that has the original automation, with the option of automation following the clip checked, paste it onto the destination region. Then select the newly pasted clip and delete it.
Voila.

Smart boy! :sunglasses:

thanks!

Pablo

Yep, thats what I do to. For me It’s still faster than doing it “properly” (copy:paste in the mixer window).
And it also has the benefit of keeping the dynamic changes for the event.

If it’s not automation from a group / fx channel that’s the faster way, of course.