copy / cut / paste operations on clips : Simpler ?

Hi,
In montage mode
Why is it that simple multiple copy / cut / paste operations on clips somehow don’t work in straightforward fashion ?

If i select three clips, copy them, and paste elsewhere (same Montage or on another, why is it that only one clip appears ?
This is such an universal way of manipulating objects that I dont understand why this shouldn’t work in this case
Wavelab is the only audio software I know where these simple edit fonctions don’t work in a simple fashion

I know there is a “special” way of doing it but it is not intuitive and I keep forgetting it and the help section is of litttle help

Another annoying thing, there seems to be a new “feature” since a couple of version that is if i delete a CD end of track marker it will delete the start one as well. This can be extremely annoying (having to retype the title and sometimes the cd text and isr) when I decide that finally I don’t want a pause and simply want to “merge” the end marker of a track with the start marker of the following track. I am sure there is a reason for this new feature but i wish it wasn’t imposed on me :slight_smile:

1. Not sure what you mean. If you select 3 clips, even on different tracks, you can copy them elsewhere, even in a new montage. How do you proceed?

2. I guess 90% of the time you want to remove both markers. But your opinion is also valid. Will see…

Frenchman, in the meantime, you can delete CD Track End Markers in the Marker List without deleting the CD Track Start Markers. That still works as it used to.

100% of the time I want to remove only the end markers. I’ve never wanted to remove both markers when dragging off the end marker. I agree with the others this should be changed back, or optioned.

I know it seems weird because it initially creates an invalid CD track, but that’s how a lot of us have gotten used to working with CD markers. I always use CD Wizard initially, normal or splice only, it varies, but there are many cases where I later want to delete End markers without moving or changing anything else (including the start marker), and then manually change following start without moving anything, and I (and the others I think) found this way of doing it the best workflow.

" I always use CD Wizard initially, normal or splice only, it varies, but there are many cases where I later want to delete End markers without moving or changing anything else (including the start marker), and then manually change following start without moving anything, and I (and the others I think) found this way of doing it the best workflow."

So do I !

+1!

Same here. Please change back. Also, related to this thread…

PG : “Not sure what you mean. If you select 3 clips, even on different tracks, you can copy them elsewhere, even in a new montage. How do you proceed?”

What I meant is simply that if I “select all clips” or just a few in a cd montage, then Control-C, then Control V elsewhere (same or other montage), only one clip makes the trip. I know there is a workaround for this, but I can never find it when I need it ! Search function in help didn’t help me, and frankly, who wants to pick up the manual to know how to cut/copy/paste ? :slight_smile:

I have other suggestions but willl create another thread for them
Thanks
Mark

What I meant is simply that if I “select all clips” or just a few in a cd montage, then Control-C, then Control V elsewhere (same or other montage), only one clip makes the trip.

No, all selected clips “make the trip”…

Ok !
So I stumbled upon something strange : (in montage mode with a dozen of tracks with cd markers
If you select a time range, hitting control-C wont copy all the clips (intuitively it should in my opinion, but this is not the problem here)

IF after selecting a big time range (that includes the whole content) , I go to the clip menu and choose in the “Select” menu, “select clips inside selected time range”, the clip list background goes light blue, and if i click on the horizontal scrollbar of the clip window then it goes yellow, as if they where all selected
But in fact only one clip is selected ! Because cut or copy will ony affect one of them
Strangely enough the other commands from the select menu of the clip window work, as long as I don’t have a Time Range selected !! Doen’t seem to be normal ?
Thanks
mark

The range selection copy function only copies the intersection with the focused clip. This is right (and I admit, a limitation).
But if you select several clips (no range selection), then all clips are copied.