Copy event "creates" automation

Hi, I’m on Cubase 11.0.41, Windows 10.

I have an audio track with automation where I have an event that is located after all automation is terminated (see the “before” picture). In that respect, that event does NOT contain any automation whatsoever. I also have a track that is completely empty (no events and no automation whatsoever). You can see that also in the “before” picture.
Now I control-drag the event into the empty track and all of the sudden it “creates” automation events surrounding it - see the “after” picture - you could see the automation lines in the what-used-to-be-empty-track becoming thicker, and trust me (it was hard to take a screenshot of it due to the nature of the snipping tool I used) there ARE automation events surrounding that event.

Seems like a bug to me. Interestingly, the second bug I report in a week that have to do with stuff that is happening “after the termination point”

(EDIT: click on the pictures and open them to see how the automation lines change - it’s not super-clear to see it without clicking on the picture (which zooms in a bit)

Thanks,
Erez

Hi,

Is the Automation Follows Events option enabled on your side?

If I know, which thread do you mean (it would be nice to link it), then this is not a bug.

“Automation Follows Events” is turned ON, as I like the “true” automation to be moved. In this case, I believe it would be right to say that the event I moved does not contain automation…

Regarding the other thread - Pan automation bug - this is a different bug that the only thing it has in common is the fact it relates to stuff done “after the termination point”

Thanks,
Erez