Copy Paste text (track names, notepad, file naming, etc)

I am unable to copy/paste track names and text from within cubase (e.g. copy paste the names of several tracks which I have duplicated versions in order to apply similar processing like rendering variaudio for several vocal tracks). I am also unable to copy paste outside text to the notepad in order to aggregate relevant notes within a session. Does anyone else experience this?

Peace,

Case

2011 iMac, 3.4 GHz Quad Core i7, 20 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM

2011 Macbook Air, 2.0 GHz Dual Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM

Cubase 7.5.2, Wavelab 8.5.1, Hypnotic Dance, Halion Symphonic Orchestra

Pro Tools 10/11 (Native)

Waves Gold v9, Waves Studio Classics v9, Waves Vocal Rider v9, Soundtoys Native Bundle, Soundtoys Devil Loc, Soundtoys Little Radiator, Soundtoys Little Microshift, Izotope RX3, Izotope Ozone 5, Autotune 7 Live, Autotune 7 64 bit, AVOX 4, Melodyne Editor

Reason 6.5, Propellerhead Pulsar Rack Extension, Viking Rack Extension, Repeat Looper Rack Extension

You can only copy the Track name (text field) from one track at a time. Similarly, you can only paste to one Track name (text field) at a time.

I’m not sure what you’re expecting to achieve here. The Note Pad is what it says. It’s for displaying notes only. It can, in no way, influence the audio or MIDI data. It’s not meant to!

Im on a PC and ctrl c (copy) and ctrl v (paste) works fine in the notepad, both from and to. I use it all the time when tracking, writing notes on mic. placement and such in the project notepad and copy/pasting the notes to the individual tracks notepad as they are finished.

Yes, but what did he mean by “aggregate relevant notes within a session” from the Note Pad? That is the conundrum!

Ahhh notes and not notes, ok I get it now :slight_smile: