copying specific elements

Sorry to have to ask something so basic but the documentation isn’t very helpful and a search of this forum didn’t yield any results. Is there a way to copy specific elements like articulations or slurs without copying the notes they belong to? Once something is selected, is there a way to copy it a number of times? Often one sets up a series of slurs, articulations and dynamics, and it would be handy to be able to request Dorico to copy those elements to selected number of measures, or to all the other instruments in a score.

Daniel said elsewhere that you can select a series of notes, then click an articulation, and Dorico will apply the articulation to those notes. You can either click by dragging with the selection tool or by CTRL-clicking to select discontinuous notes.

This doesn’t seem to be what he asked? :wink:

Indeed, that’s not what I asked. There are plenty of situations in which it would be really handy to be able to copy a combination of elements like slurs and/or articulations to other spots without changing the notes.

Yes, a partial solution in the absence of copy/paste filtering.

You can select a series of slurs and articulations using Ctrl-click, then copy them to another stave with Alt-click. There’s a bug at the moment where after the first Alt-click, the selection is lost, but this is acknowledged and will be fixed.

I’d noticed that the selection was lost after pasting once. Thanks for the info. I’m looking forward to its being fixed, as well as to copy/paste filtering.