Corrupt file?

Hello,

I have a Dorico project that all of a sudden doesn’t play anymore, the play button isn’t green but gray with a darker gray background color.
Also everything is very slow, when scrolling throufg the document every second or two the famous rotating rainbow appears. When I try to quit, Dorico crashes.

What can I do?

All the best, Roel

I renamed it and somehow Dorico repaired the file. It works now!

I’d be interested to see your crash reports, Roel. Could you please do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and attach the resulting zip file, called Dorico Diagnostics.zip, here to a reply?

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply, here they are! I’m curious about what you find out.

Maybe I should add that I used NotePerformer with this file.
The file name is “C’era una volta il West.dorico”

All the best!
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (630 KB)

Thanks for taking the time to attach your diagnostics, Roel. Unfortunately no crash logs are included. Please follow the steps under “Dorico is crashing. What do I do?” in the FAQ thread to make sure Windows will create crash logs when Dorico crashes. If you then encounter any further crashes in the future, we’ll be able to get a look at the dumps.

Hmm, I’m now thinking about if Dorico really did crash… I said: “Also everything is very slow, when scrolling throufg the document every second or two the famous rotating rainbow appears. When I try to quit, Dorico crashes.” but it’s possible that Dorico didn’t crash but stayed non-responsive for a very long time, which resulted in me getting impatient and forcing a shutdown. Anyway: you shouldn’t worry too much about it; I’m a very happy Dorico-user, with a rather old and (almost re-)tired Macbook.

The personal touch feels great. I used to be a Sibelian and frequently received personal replies from you (Daniel) at the forum. Good old days are back now!

Hi Daniël,
Unfortunately there’s another file that doesn’t load NotePerformer (it tries, but the “play” triangle never turns to green), is incredibly slow and won’t close (it crashes everytime). To this post, I include a diagnostice report that might have some crash info.
I tried renaming and relocating it, but unfortunately it doesn’t work this time.
I hope you cas see what is happening here, because I should deliver next week, and as you can imagine it’s one of the very few paid jobs I have this month…
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (1.2 MB)

Roel, rather than sending the diagnostics, could you attach the actual project? If you don’t want to attach it in this thread, please attach it to a private message to me, or to an email to me.

Hi Daniël,

Thank you for your direct and fast response. I’ve attached the file to this email.

It now seems the problem of slow operating and not being able to close a file has solved itself overnight.

All the best,

Roel

Monstercarnavalshit.dorico (884 KB)

Here you go, Roel. I did the usual trick of re-applying the NotePerformer playback template, and it seems OK now. Let me know if you find it any different.

monstercarnival.dorico (886.8 KB)