Could not connect to coreMIDI. You should restart your syste

Ever since I cleaned my Mac Pro under Yosemite with Mac Pilot, I get the following message with Nuendo and Cubase at load:

Could not connect to coreMIDI. You should restart your system

I reinstalled Nuendo and Cubase, trashed prefs, fixed permissions, and even upgraded to El Capitan.

I can trigger other apps like Contact Standalone with my MIDI controller. In AudioMIDI Setup my MIDI controller works as well.

Nothing has fixed the problem, and now I can’t use MIDI with Nuendo or Cubase. In other words, I can’t work!!!

Any ideas on how to reset this?

Aloha j,

even upgraded to El Capitan.

1-Are your Nuendo and Cubase versions even compatible with El Capitan?

2-Did you try to remove Mac Pilot from your system?

3-What do the Mac Pilot folks have to say about your issues?

Some apps like ‘MacKeeper’ and ‘Lil Snitch’ (and maybe now Mac Pilot) will
‘bury’ them selves deep in the operating system and are very hard to remove
so you might consider a ‘nuke and pave’ solution.

That is to (after backing up) totally wipe yer hard drive then re-install the OS
and then re-install all your programmes.

A pain and time killer for sure but it is one sure way to really get to the bottom of things.

Good Luck!
{’-’}

Could not connect to coreMIDI. You should restart your system

I get that message when loading N 7.0.35 on a MacBookPro with 10.11.3 installed. Never had any Mac Pilot or similiar thing running.
What could be the culprit: I had N7 installed bevor the offical ElCapitan Nuendo Version (N 7.0.35), and tried to open some projects. In the beginning it worked quite well…but then the loading did get slower and slower.
Now with 10.11.3 and a fresh Nuendo 7 installed (and prefs trashed) it sort of should work…
Could it be that the early (pre ElCapitan) N7 sort of destroyd coreMIDI…Is there a way to fix that. I would hate to have to install the OS from bottom up.

Oswald

I did reinstall 10.11. and N 7.0.35 and now Nuendo boots nicely.
I do not think now that the early (pre ElCapitan) N7 install did a bad thing to coreMIDI. Rather having used the migration tool to set up that MacPro…and installing old AudioDrivers by the way.
I did learn: Never use migration tool to install applications on a Audio System. (While migrating accounts doesnt seem to be a problem.)

Oswald

Oswald

Hello,

I did learn: Never use migration tool to install applications on a Audio System.

Never, never. Bad voodoo happens. Some have called it Migration Assassin.
H