Could someone please help with settings

Set it up with my sax player but had a dreadful delay, he could also hear an echo in his cans and as a result, was unable to play as it threw his timing off.

We were unable to play any music to him as we just could not figure out how to do this?? The instructions say to use an empty track… but that’s no good to us we need to know how to play music to the performer so he/she can play.

after about 15/20 mins we lost connection? when the ‘performer’ tried to log back in (with a new key he just got ‘server not responding’ so we had to abandon the attempt.

Would it be possible for someone who has actually used VST Connect successfully to take some screenshots of their settings, or explain how I can send music to the Performer to play to, and also how to stop the echo and bad delay…

Thanks.

Do not engage Track Monitor. Use headphones (else delay from speakers).
And see this, and install latest version on both ends: https://connectvst.com

oh, and use “Create Performer Track”, this will create a track set up correctly and with cue send enabled.

How do I set it up so that the Performer can hear the tracks?

Is there anyone who can answer this?

I managed to tether the Laptop and got Connect and Performer running - not an easy task getting them to ‘talk’ to each other but I managed.
The only thing I don’t understand is that I had the three channels off - VST1, Mic, Instrument, yet I could still hear my guitar etc in the cans’ it made no difference? it could only be turned down by the Master but also everything else went down with it? how can this be corrected please?

To play back tracks do I have to set them up like this - Input VST Connect, Output Stereo 1+2 and then use the VST Mixer to re-mix the levels etc…

hello?

hello?? it doesn’t help us to fix things if you post the same question in multiple threads.

Why is Steinberg distributing out-of-date builds of its own software on its own website’s download page [ VST Connect SE/Pro Updates and Downloads | Steinberg ]?

Why is a website other than steinberg.net distributing the current builds of Steinberg software? Who is behind that other website?

Are there similar “third-party” sites distributing newer builds of Cubase, Nuendo, etc.?

Am I strange for thinking that this setup is rather strange?

nothing strange

In the days of Covid-19 chaos the devs have very kindly offered the latest betas to users as quickly as possible. These haven’t been through the rigorous (!) Steinberg testing procedure so are not available (yet) on the SB site.

I, for one, greatly appreciate this - I understand they are working as hard as possible to squash the bugs and issues that people are reporting. Think of of it like a public beta program. It’s my view that these latest builds have been really helpful in getting more and more people creating music during these troubled times.

As always with beta software use at your own risk :slight_smile:

I totally agree with the sentiments. I’m gutted that it doesn’t work for me yet and I hope it soon evolves to a point where I can try it again.

sorry that we tried to help too much.
As per your request, the website has been moved to here:

We will no longer provide any versions there, you’ll have to find your path.

Thank you for the explanation, dr. It is a strange setup, but now it makes perfect sense for these strange times. Doing this is really nice of you all, thanks!!

I was brand new to VST Connect as of yesterday so I had no idea that the other site was a recent creation provided generously by Steinberg and the devs for our benefit under current, difficult circumstances, as opposed to something put together by ‘fans’ or other strangers (whose motives and quality can’t be known).

A one-sentence explanation like the one you just gave, on either website, would have prevented any concern on my part. Now that I understand, my concern has been replaced with gratitude . . .

musicullum, please don’t take offense, none was meant. I was confused by a strange website that I’d never heard of before, I came here to confirm the other site’s legitimacy, I got an answer, and felt even better about the company whose software I’ve been using (surrounded on all sides by Pro Tools users) since the days of this little beauty, which I still keep on my desk for good mojo:

Cubase VST~32 parallel port dongle.jpg
And, for what it’s worth, I even went ahead and bought VST Connect Pro last night.

I really hope that you’ll change your mind. We’re all under a lot of stress right now, I’m always grateful for all of the help that Steinberg provides*, the connectvst.com betas (which I now know are legit) are more valuable than ever, and it would be tragic if you took it all away like that.

Stay healthy everyone, and keep up the great work (on both websites and here)!!!

musicullum and team,

We the users all so want this to work and are grateful for the help on here and access to the betas. Anything you or we can do to get this going reliably for all of us is extremely welcome. Initially I too wondered about the VSTConnect ‘organisation’ but having received a short brief on the subject I am all the more appreciative of the efforts of you and your team.

Please don’t let an honest misunderstanding ruin things.

More power to you.

Alan

sorry guys for overreacting a bit, and thanks for your great support.
problem should be solved, half-way already - you can now download the latest version from said new knowledgebase site.
We’ll try to get beta versions there too, then all should be good.

Okay, that makes AT LEAST TWO (2) APPRECIATIVE ALANS who love and understand the difficulty of your work, who are immensely grateful for all of the effort that you’re putting into solving the problems that this software must overcome, even in the middle of the SARS-CoV-2 ( COVID-19) madness, and who are more than happy to continue acting as your late-stage-beta- (gamma-?) testers with each interim rollout, to help you work out bugs as they are found, and to fill your minds with exciting new feature requests that we realize are absolutely necessary

I’m sure that there are more of us out there . . . . . . . . .

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

[My first attempt at a VST Connect PRO session went incredibly well, though I noticed a few oddities that I will present in a new thread.]

[My second attempt didn’t go as well, so I’ll describe the issues and ask a few questions in another soon-to-be thread.]

[And I have a few feature requests/suggestions for which I’ll also create new threads, after I check to see whether they’ve already been discussed…]

Thanks in advance!!! :smiley:

Thanks for all of your help and reassurance!

:slight_smile: