CP8 render in place issue missing midi assign

hi, i found this with Render in Place (RIP) … possible Issue but if this is the way RIP works it is malfunctioning …

1. I RIP’d a Kontakt 5 Session Horns Pro (SHP) section … i set the original track to Disable so I could get back some CPU power after the Render and disable happens, as SHP is a hog for power … settings are render Dry …

2. the RIP only recorded One of the 8 horns and only 1/2 of the track that was selected with the “P” command …

3. i re-enabled the original track BUT this is where It goes wrong … the Midi assignments were gone and also the main instrument track has lost it’s Group Output assignment … see pic for missing midi … and you can see the correct assign in the pic right below the missing one

this has completely shutdown my workflow idea of Rendering Hog like instruments so i can run my session … ASIO guard says 26ms but a bar into the horn part there is a massive spike in system usage and Audio …

has anyone else seen this behavior … ???

thank you … john

I will test Kontact 5 in PT11 later today to see if I get the same spikes from SHP …
CP8 missing midi assign.png

update: I have learned from G and others that I was selecting incorrectly for RIP …

but the Missing Midi issue stands so far … I will test again when I have a chance in between work …

Hi
Yesterday I had the same,

cubase said, cash file missing from midi track…

lost midi information, in the editor all was there but , no way of maiking it sound
I had a back up, so no real harm done, left only the unsecurity …
regards

this does not sound like the same issue i have … you may want to start an Issue Report for this separately … my issue is NOT missing any Midi INfo … it is missing the midi channel assignment that was there before i did RIP with Mute Events checked …

i am sure they do not like combining two possible issues in one thread …

cheers john