Cpu issues???

To whomever can help me out,

Yesterday I came across an issue with cpu overload. I have a quad core Intel chip with 6 gigs of ram. It’s not a great comp, but it should do the trick for now. My issue seems to be with midi. I had started a project about 3 weeks ago and I am using acoustic agent to map out the drum tracks. Yesterday morning I was able to listen to the midi that had been mapped so far, as well as preview other sounds on the piano roll. I then took a break and came back to the midi not playing back at all. When I did get it to play, after restarting Cubase and interface, my cpu load was at about 1/3!!! (Just for playback) So I started a new empty project, added a groove agent instrument track, and as soon as I enabled the monitor track button my cpu load maxed out. After trying and trying different things, I was able to hear the midi sounds without enabling the track, but as soon as I went to preview different sounds on the piano roll during playback, all midi sounds stopped. I’m just wondering if I should do a nuke and pave of my comp (which wasn’t done before Cubase install) and reinstall all of my software and hardware. Or if there is another solution?

Any advice on my situation would be greatly appreciated.

Get’s more like talking to oneself day after day on this forum!!! :wink:

Ok this could be any number of things causing this… it’s usually a good idea to give more details on your spec with certain types of issue… have a look round the forum and you’ll get the idea… which version of cubase, cpu type/speed etc, interface make & type, operating system, ssd/hds, graphics card etc…
Running a DAW on a lean system is always a good idea anyway so that could be well worth doing regardless.
Post more details and you’re more likely to get some help…

Welcome to the forums…