First of all, I apologize for my english, I may do some writing mistakes.
I’m dealing with serious issues for month with Cubase on my MacBook pro 16 (Catalina, i9 2,4 Ghz, 64 Go Ram, 4to ssd).
I’m a professional music producer and I use Cubase 11.0.20 literally everyday through different session of recording, composing or mixing. I was in a music session yesterday when my computer starts to going crazy. Barely 15 tracks were armed. I even had to cancel my session because I could not even keep working. I think it’s time to me to expose my problem.
For maybe 3 years, I constantly got some CPU issues. When I check the activity monitor, Cubase goes (for a normal session) from 300% to over 1000% of CPU usage…! The Audio performance inside cubase always peaking, sometimes on average load, sometime on real-time peak. I often got “Recording error: audio drop out detected.” message when I record, preventing me to go ahead in my recording session for example. The problem getting worse since a few weeks, I can even go until the recording step, I’m always peaking just by loading some vsts or audio tracks.
Here’s everything I’ve made:
- I changed my Macbook Pro almost 1 year ago, the previous one always had a lot of audio drop out, but I feel like it was mostly because of his performance (i7, 16go ram).
- I installed every update of Cubase hoping the situation will get more stable, in vain.
- Increase my buffer size
- Set the Asio guard to low, medium, high
- Turn on/off multi processing
- Boost Audio priority
- Change the processing precision
I also tried to:
- Disable Hyperthreading
- Reset PRAM/NVRAM
- Reset SMC
- Reinstall Cubase (11, 10)
- Turbo boost switcher
Honetly, I’m totally desesperate. I feel like I’ve check every topic on every forum on the internet, tried everything but the problem still goes.
The problem can be Cubase, or my Macbook pro, but I can’t tell…