CPU & Performance issues CUBASE 11 (Catalina, i9, 64go ram)

I got the same problem. Tried all the above solutions. Really frustrating- when I’m opening project that I could do with no problems 4 weeks ago they are now throttling. I can’t figure what to do.

My setup is:
MacBook Pro 16 - 2019
macOS BigSur
Processor 2,4 Ghz 8-core Intel Core i9
64 Gb Memory
DAW: Cubase 11.5 Pro
Uad Apollo duo + 2 uad-2 satellite octo.

Everything is updated.

Hi, Same problem, Have the same specs as [BlckDoe] BUT with 32 GB ram… … My M1 runs better than intel that too with 8GB Ram, M1 I had purchased just for trial and error, with 8GB ram I am managing by render in place option… BlckDoe : Have you managed to sort this issue…

Having the same issue. Mac 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4…

Glad to hear I am not the only one…

Does anything work?

Somebody said re-installing the software helps, has anyone tested this out?

Willing to try anything at this stage… even moving back to Logic!

Get a Windows 11 PC :grinning:

Sad to say the problems are getting worse

Hard to work.

Creative flow destroyed!

About to flip out

this is not helpful

Did you contact Steinberg directly about this issue?

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

Processor: 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Memory: 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

I AM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE

I am using Cubase 10.THE LATEST on Catalina Version 10.15.7

I am sorry to say this you guys but I don’t think we are working with the same company that got us excited about music. I’ve seen nothing but the same complaints from Mac users with Version 10 and above for a while and I don’t think they are going to ever fix it. I almost wish I learned how to mix on Protools before spending 10 years developing my skills on Cubase. I tell all new people getting into production to just use logic or protools because those companies care about making sure Mac User don’t have issues. This problem with CPU is embarrassing during session and completely undermines professional engineers. I shouldn’t be disabling tracks with a computer with level of specs just to record vocals to a two track. I also should not have to cut off the internet, bluetooth and do all this nonsense in the modern era to record music all of which Logic users and Protools users never think about. I’m honestly surprised a class action lawsuit hasn’t been levied against Steinberg at this point. Do you guys even take provide in the concept of German engineering?

Also I hope you Mac cubase users are aware there several other bugs with Cubase that are not widely discussed although the engineers at Steinberg are well aware such as:

Fabfilter mono/stereo problem

Bypass tracks still effecting signal path

Offline Rendering extremely slow compared to other DAWs

Numerous GUI problems

WAVshell issues causing CPU bog down

Routing signal to summing buses creating CPU bog down.

I will say if you are someone who uses routing quite heavily during your recording session STOP. Cubase 8.5 on my 2011 Mac with only 8Gs of ram could handle full blow production and recording at 64ms and 64 tracks with ease. I thought is is was normal to do so and was why I would brag to all my friends about how great Cubase was. Not anymore. Those days are over!

Notice that despite the length of this thread and the amount of complaints they there only been one Steinberg Tech step in to make a suggestion when was nothing you would already find on YouTube.

This company is pathetic! Respectfully

Would you mind sharing links/discussions to the additional issues you mentioned? I am not aware of these:

Fabfilter mono/stereo problem
Bypass tracks still effecting signal path
Offline Rendering extremely slow compared to other DAWs

As for “routing signal to summing buses creating CPU bog down”, this happens on every DAW, when theres processing on the busses. I couls not notice a big difference on similar big projects, in other DAWs. If I find time I am gonna compare it to Reaper and report back.