CPU Spiking (again)...

Howdy,

I just bought Spitfire Albion 1 and have everything installed properly through Kontakt 5.5.1. All of a sudden I am just getting CPU spiking to the point of where playback is unplayable. Kontakt, yes, Multi Processor Support is turned off Via Plugins (Standalone it is set to 8 Cores). I have just tried each ASIO Guard 2 setting and now just turned it off and CPU Spiking (for now has stopped). I wonder what is going on? Surely ASIO Guard is designed to be turned on and stop CPU Spiking?

Anyone else with an similar experiences that could shed some light as to how to fix this problem?

Everything has been cleanly installed. Bios is up to date. All drivers and Win 8.1 Updates are the latest. All software is legal (obviously). OS and Apps are on an SSD. Sample Libraries are on a separate SSD. It’s odd, especially because I only have 6 Albion 1 patches loaded and playing at the same time.

Thanks for any help

Jono

Hi,

Could you try to use LatencyMon? Hopefully, it gives you a hint…

I will have a look at it. Thanks!

I’ve got this problem…tried everything…latency mon…re installing W7…you name it…

my solution was to stop using CP8 and start using Mixbus 3…which works with no probs…
it’s not as good a DAW as CP8 but it’s working …
I’ll look at CP8 again after an update.
an update from 8 to 8.1 solved a lot of my probs before.so hope it does again…

good luck mate :slight_smile:

Kevin

Similar here. Tried everything. C8.02 will not playback audio on my studio PC for more than 30 secs.

Switched to MixBus 3. All is good. No problems.

Sad day after nearly 20 years with Cubase. :frowning:

I never will leave Cubase, however, because I can run it with no problems on my laptop.

Doesn’t make sense why a more powerful studio PC refuses to run it though.

Albion 1 loads instantly and the patches load in less than 2 seconds. I have it on a Samsung850 Evo SSD. Also each patch is in it’s own individual Kontakt instance. I shall try “dialing up more memory for RAM” and see what happens. Thanks.