CPU use UP along with spikes & pops w/10

I like some of the interface changes… A few things I DON’T like: The lower zone now has a size limit. The minimum size takes up a third
of the screen: Why ?!? With version 9 - 9.5, many times I keep my lower zone mixer open. But down to a small size (height) Just enough to
be able to adjust the faders, yet I’m able to see much of the project window at the same time… This is VERY ANNOYING
And I agree with some other posters regarding the bright white lettering. It’s bothersome and distracting. We should be able to “tone” the
white down a little.

But the deal beaker is my CPU performance with 10 is about 15 - 20% higher than 9.5.41. AND I’m getting intermittent bad spikes. Version 9 - 9.5 has
been rock solid. And 9.5.41 on Windows 1803 is the best, with very good CPU performance. So - I’m back to 9.5.41

Cubase Artist 10 (and 9.5.41)
For VSTs, I use Halion Sonic 3 (Full version) Easydrummer 2, Komplete 11 Ultimate, Stylus RMX, Omnisphere 2.5 and Pianoteq 6
For plugins, I use the stock plugs, T-Racks 5 Deluxe and Amplitube 4 Deluxe.

System: i7 8700k, 16gb RAM, 500gb SSD for OS, 1tb SSD for content. Audio: Presonus FireStudio Mobile with latest drivers: Dec 2017

re: your CPU performance – Steinberg has definitely done some noticeable work under the hood for high-core count computers with Cubase 10, but I imagine it’s possible that there are side effects for other users with fewer cores, depending on system configs, etc. Who knows? So I’d double-check if you have applied any registry hacks to your system, or adjusted core/thread usage for Cubase, or disabled hyperthreading, or other related settings, etc.? Right now, for people with more cores the performance should have theoretically improved. For me on a 10-core system Cubase 10 definitely runs better so far. But if that’s not the case with you, I’d suggest you reach out to Fabio in the multi-core thread and see if he can help out. I know they’re taking feedback on the engine threading changes, and it would help all of us to help make sure it is as solid as possible. Cubase 10, Windows 10 and multi-core (14+ cores) - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Thanks uarte for the response…

No registry hacks. And I did try some different CPU settings in my BIOS (including disabling hyperthreading) when I first got version 9.
But found that performance was actually best with the MB default CPU settings. So all is currently set at defaults.
Have the latest BIOS update applied as well.

My system is dedicated for DAW use only, and have optimized Windows 10 for that purpose also.