Crackles in Cubase Demo Song Venus Theory (not asio)?

Anyone else getting crackles in the Demo Song?

I check this out today after doing my .2 update and the Wubs Channel Crackles. I’ve narrowed it down to a combination of DUAL FILTER and SQUASHER in the inserts on the Chord Wubs Group.

It might be intended distortion but it doesn’t sound good like intended compared to other things. The automation for the Dualfilter is making quite a pop, then there’s the fizzerly crackle too.

Thoughts???
Thank you

Did no one else notice this? Did anyone even load the demo project from the download assistant?

Demo song is not showing in my download assistant. I went to the Cubase 11 download page and attempted to get it from there and all I got was an error page! Correction I finally found it under the Cubase 11 heading. will investigate it now that I have it.

1 Like

Glad you found it, let me know how it works for you.

Thank you

Plays fine for me.

Thank you for testing? Did you isolate the track I mentioned and listen to the automation on the dual filter causing the pops? Some people might not notice it at first. Could you do a mix down of just that part and provide an audio example link here?

I’ll upload a video next time I’m in the studio so people can better hear, know what to listen for. It might be an issue with my system which means I’d need to do some series resolve to figure out why.

No you’re right, but I don’t think I heard as big a problem as you’re describing. I hear a very faint crackle/click sound when the filter resets, i.e., drops to the low point in the saw tooth automation pattern. I don’t hear anything I would describe as a pop anywhere. I had to listen on cans to hear it.

1 Like

Yes, then as Squasher is bringing the volume up it amplifies the pop. However, I seemed to be getting an extra crackle related to some form of artefact related to what is going on here. I’ll try get a video up after breakfast.

Thank you

hi mitch,
necro-ing this thread, as i’ve been running into a similar problem with crackles caused by automation in cubase. still on cubase 10.5.30, in case that has any bearing.
am working with a relatively new rig (`6 months old now) - AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, Windows 10 Pro, etc - which is far more powerful than my previous rig, yet have been working through seemingly endless problems since getting it up and going.
regarding the automation, after much troubleshooting, i discovered that audio pops and crackles that i have been struggling with have been caused by various automation events. for example, a 3rd-party effects plugin in bypass mode creates an audio pop when an automation event turns bypass off. this happens even if all the parameters for the plugin are set to zero.
in another example, both the native vibrato and chorus plugins are creating pops when a tempo change automation occurs. (if i turn off the tempo track, the audio pop no longer happens.) further with the chorus, it then cause continuing crackling after the point of the tempo change. so, inital pop, and then continuing crackling. again, this behaviour goes away if the tempo track is turned off, thereby negating the automation.
am still in the process of further testing, but am very curious if you were able to find a way to resolve the issues you were experiencing?

1 Like

Not really much of any fixes, it’s a nightmare.

oye, that’s dissapointing to hear… :frowning:

have you been in touch with tech support about the issue? (I have not yet, myself. have been compiling as much applicable info as I can, first.)

“for example, a 3rd-party effects plugin in bypass mode creates an audio pop when an automation event turns bypass off.”

This was happening to me with Shaper Box. Instead of activating Cubase bypass, I now turn off the element with in the plug in, which is still automatable.

Find otherways to bypass the plugin with in it.

yes, that’s what i had to do in this case. i was able to set the parameters for the plugin to zero (i.e. no effect), and then automate the parameters to the desired value for the section in which i no longer wanted to “bypass” it. and then when i wanted it bypassed again, i could just automate it to go into bypass mode as turning bypass on does not create the same problem (and i didn’t need the plugin later on in the track, so didn’t have to worry about turning bypass off again).
silly to have to jump through all these hoops, though.