Crackling sound with Electric Bass

Hello,

I just purchased the Electric Bass addon, and whenever I playback sound from this VST - from keyboard, interface keyboard or miditrack - it comes with a loud static/crackling sound. This is out of the box, no adjustments made. Every other halionaddon and other VST’s function normally with no added noise, this only occurs with Electric Bass, and every electric bass preset.

I use Cubase 10.5.10, Halion 6/Sonic 3, Sonic SE (doesn’t matter wich one I open in, even in the standalone I get this problem with electric bass sound).
I tried to delete the library and download/install again, the problem persists.
This is with the Generic low latency Audio Driver.

System: Asus Rog G703GXR, Win 10 Home, i9-9980HK, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, 1TB HD, 2080 RTX. Realtek soundcard (and a Roland interface that is not in use while I get these errors).

Any ideas whats up here, did I download corrupt libraries twice?

1 Like

Hi there did you ever get this issue resolved. Only asking as I purchased Absolute 5 today and every vst works fine except electric bass which gives a crackling noise.

I think I worked it out.
It took me a while but I got it.
While you can see your bass playing on Halion you will find a switch near the top right of the box where it says Steinberg.
It’s the first one which switches all fx inputs off. It’s a small square with a line on each side. It’s small!

That’s very strange.

Amadeus e.d.p