Crash Fest with Nuendo 12 on macOS

12.0.40 crashed on startup too, just like the earlier versions. Had to delete
Nuendo 12.app/Contents/VST3/anymixpro.vst3
again, then it can start up.

Does anyone know if there’s any point in sending crash log files to Steinberg at all? I’m bombarding them with it in hope of helping them remedy these issues, but I’m getting really frustrated by these crashes (let alone the lost work). It is 99% certain that a day’s first startup of Nuendo ends up in a crash. After that, it’s just random.

A few months late here… Encountered the same issue. Nuendo 12.0.40 on an iMac running Mojave.
Removing “anymixPro.vst3” from the Nuendo 12 app made it work. Thanks for this. I’d be interested to know if this issue is present on Catalina? N12 works perfect on my M1 (Monterey). Odd issue.

I only can say that here with Mac Studio and Monterrey, N12.0.40 is running well as far as I can expect.

Please contact Steinberg Support if you’re experiencing consistent crashes. Send them the crash log along with a rough description of what you were doing before the crash.

Okay wow, 12.0.53 still hasn’t fixed this problem. Again it crashed on startup, and again I had to delete
Nuendo 12.app/Contents/VST3/anymixpro.vst3
and then it starts up.

Same problem here with Nuendo 12 and Monterey. Random shutdown.

It worked for a while but when I upgraded iZotope it starts quitting randomly. Reinstalling/Upgrading Nuendo but it still quits randomly. Don’t know if Nuendo or isotope is the culprit.

Izotope. Did you contact them?

emailed izotope but no fix yet.

Horrible experience with Nuendo 12 on Mac Studio M1 Max (Monterey). Keeps crashing like crazy. Idk what could be the issue. Only vsts in my current project are Fabfilter + Liquidsonics Cinematic Rooms. Video is Apple Prores 422 Proxy. Where should I send my logs?