Crash/freeze when I try to export

Good morning everybody :slight_smile:

I have Dorico Elements, and I am trying Dorico Pro at the moment. I never used that feature before, but I tried today to export the audio file and/or the midi from Dorico.

But every-time I try to do so, the software freezes. I tried on different template, and every time it is the same.

Any idea? :slight_smile:

Thank you for your time!

Stay safe,

Alex

ps: I have Dorico 3.5.12, on a MacBook Pro Big Sur version 11.2.1

Hi Alex, welcome to the forum.

I suspect that the audio engine is crashing. Could you please do ‘Help > Create Diagnostics Report’ and post the corresponding zip file? It will contain logs and crash dumps that hopefully help us further. Thanks

Good morning Ulf,

Thank you overmuch for the welcoming and for your answer :slight_smile:
Unfortunately after clicking on export, I have access to the folder, but I can’t create a report. I add one to the message, a report I do just before clicking on “export-audio…”

I do not know if it helps, but I can continue to play on my midi keyboard during the freeze, and ear the notes. Thank you for your help!

Have a nice day,

Alex

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (2.1 MB)

Hm, difficult to say. There are 2 crash files from 2 days ago in Spitfire Auntie, but not when you were doing the export. Can you please do again and create a spin dump. For that please initiate the export and then open Activity Monitor. At the top is a cog wheel icon. Click that and then ‘Create Spin Dump’.
Please zip up the resulting file and attach here. Thanks

Thank you for your feedback, it is very kind of you :slight_smile:
Weird for Spitfire Audio, because I do not use it on Dorico, I only use HSSO +HSO (pro)… Here are all the files, thank you !

Archive.zip (494.5 KB)

Thanks, Alex. Unfortunately I don’t have access to a Mac right now, so I can’t resolve the spin dump. I need to ask one of my colleagues first and will come back as soon as possible.

Btw, does this happen with every project? What if you create a simple piano piece with some arbitrary notes, does that export?

Okay, thank you!

Unfortunately yes…even with a single piano, Dorico freezes when I try to export anything! Thank you for your help

Okay, I found the problem! I work on 3 screens. I removed one of the three screens, to only have two screen and the window suddenly appears. But it is strange…It wasn’t on my third screen… I do not know where the window was…but it looks like the set up I have do not work properly here…

Thank you sooo much for your time…and quite sorry for this dumb problem! :):):slight_smile:

Oh, that’s good to hear. I was just about to ask about a hidden dialog box. But you have found it yourself. :smiley:

1 Like

Yes! again, quite sorry :slight_smile: But it is strange, when I put back my third screen, the windows disappears…and I do not where it goes!
Thank you so much for your time, and have a nice day!