Crash on Auto Fades Settings Dialog

Include crashing (serious error).
If you uncheck or check “Use Project Settings” only once, Auto Fades seems to work with no problem.

The bug is that you can no longer have a global auto fade setting for the project, and also individual track based settings. Changing one changes everything else!

Anyone who uses drum samples in their music will use this feature on individual tracks to stop the global fade in setting killing the transients of their kick and snare samples.

Anyone in post using SFX and foley samples will use this similarly.

Currently, the only way to ensure pre 10.0.20 sessions continue to play back correctly is to bounce down every track, because if you open a fade settings box it will trash all your settings throughout the project, and you’ve no way of restoring them.

Hi,

To me here, it works exactly the same way as in the previous Cubase versions:

1. Project > Auto Fades Settings.
  2. Make own fade settings.
    => The Settings is applied to all Audio tracks.
  3. Select Audio track (A), and click to the Auto Fades Settings icon (of this track).
  4. Disable Use Project Settings in the Auto Fades window.
  5. Make the settings for this individual track.
  6. Click OK.

Double check the Project > Auto Fades Settings.
=> It is set as I did in that dialog.

Double check the settings of the audio track (A).
=> The individual settings is used.

Double check the settings of any other audio track (B).
=> The global settings is used.

Sorry Martin, but it DOES NOT work for me. It also doesn’t work for the guys who have posted above, and its also doesn’t work in Nuendo as the exact same problem was posted there after 10.0.20 -

Hi,

Could you try the test I wrote and the results you get, please?

Martin. Before I got back to you I deleted all preferences and re-installed Cubase from fresh to be sure there’s no old preferences issue or something like that screwing things up.

And I’ve spent a lot of time trying different projects out, and some work correctly and some still don’t! That’s with your exact repro above. And by the way, I had several crashes still when going back and forth through the fade dialogue boxes - its not as bad, but it still ain’t perfect.

I can say that new projects on 10.0.40 now seem to work correctly.

However, I have ‘some’ projects created prior to 10.0.20 when this issue first occurred that don’t work. I can send them to you if anyone at Steinberg will be bothered to look into it.

Hi,

That would be nice, if you can share the project(s).

Thanks

Corrupt project sent via PM.

Martin confirmed that the session I sent him didn’t work correctly and he passed it on to Steinberg.

However 10.0.50 still doesn’t fix this issue - do you have any update on this for us Martin?

I, and everyone else that uses this software can’t have sessions that don’t play back correctly!

Hi,

It has not been announced that there should be a fix in C10.0.50, as far as I can see in the Version History PDF.