[Crash] on Ctrl-C copy

This is in 6.0.3

Installed NuGen Pack and needed to copy registration number across from email. C6 froze. I thought it was maybe just not happy with having Thunderbird open, so didn’t panic

Then had to copy a guitar riff and keys backing across to another section in song. Instead of doing the Alt + Drag thing, I selected the sections and hit Ctrl-C. Instant freeze. Have tried with various projects, and it’s always when using Ctrl-C.

Occasionally it gives a VideoEngine error, though not always.

Is this relevant to anyone else?

Same issue here, i drilled it down to the Altiverb plug-in. If I remove it from my session, new or old, the crash will not occur. This behavior has only popped up since updating to 6.03

Also, this happens on ANY copy or cut function whether using a key command or a menu

No one else?

same here

Was Altiverb your culprit as well?

nope, I have no plugins loaded whatsoever…

You are not alone!

not sure if its good or bad haha :slight_smile:

Same for me.
Try to copy (ctrl-c) a note (in the key editor) and Cubase 6 crash.

Any solution ?

It’s been suggested that this has something to do with Quicktime, specifically in connection with Altiverb. If you are using Altiverb, try running the Disable Quicktime routine and see if that helps. There are a couple of threads here dealing with that… but , for me at least, it occasionally crashes when Altiverb isn’t running or inserted. Go figure…

+1
The same with ctrl+c in midi editor and Altiverb inserted

I have a lot of freezes when switching another application in the foreground and then trying to go back to Cubase.
Most of the time when I press Ctr-C in the other application (not Cubase) I can’t go back to Cubase anymore as it’s frozen. What is really bad if you have to copy/paste serial numbers for authorisation, which is pretty impossible now. I wanted to smash the monitor out of frustration!

This is so annoying that I almost can’t even read my email, calendar or address database anymore while Cubase is open. I’m wasting so much time with freezes and unsaved work it’s getting ridiculous. How could Steinberg break a solid program with a little update so badly?!? I’m very disappointed, really…

I’m a full-time professional and this update is causing a lot of pain. The problem is even if I roll back, which is very time consuming and I’m not sure I will be able to keep all my settings, all the programs I continued to work with and saved as 6.0.3 projects will be lost.

Everything was 100% solid with 6.0.2. They day I installed 6.0.3 it was over. I should have seen the sign when the 6.0.3 installer crashed and wouldn’t let me install it first. It screamed ‘Stay away!’. But I had to find a way to install nevertheless and now I’m paying the price!

Every time when I think: ‘Finally Steinberg got their act together’ (6.0 was such a brilliant release and superb in tandem with W7) they throw everything away again so easily. I really don’t get it!

I’m a full-time professional and this update is causing a lot of pain. The problem is even if I roll back, which is very time consuming and I’m not sure I will be able to keep all my settings, all the programs I continued to work with and saved as 6.0.3 projects will be lost.

Roll back. Your projects will not be lost! Even as a part time amateur I know this to be the case :slight_smile:
You may lose settings unless you research how not to but even redoing them manually has to be better than having an unstable DAW in front of clients.

But when I saved 6.0.2 projects in 6.0.3 I had a warning that earlier versions of Cubase will not be able to read it. So can I open 6.0.3 projects with 6.0.2 or not?

thanks

You misread the message.

The warning actually says that in general 6.02 WILL read 6.03 files but you may want to keep the project file & save as new in case the 2 are not fully compatible.

It’s just Sb covering themselves.

EDIT BTW, edited from another thread here is the quickest way to rollback.
In W7- Ctrl Panel/Programs & Features/Show Updates/Right click the 6.03 update & uninstall.

I see, thanks for sharing…

I rolled back to 6.0.2 and everything is sweet again!

Also here Cubase 6.03 crashes after ctrl+c in editor and in project windows. I use a sound card from M-audio Pro Fire 610 on win 7 64 bit service pack 1. I think is a conflict between audio card firewire driver and Cubase 6.03, becouse on another sistem when I use another sound card M-audio Transit USB I don’t have this problem.

Same problem here. I am using Altiverb 6 and the program freezes when I press ctrl+C. I have the latest Cubase 6 update 6.0.4 .
Any chances of getting this fixed, Steinberg folks?