Hi, completely new issue after using Cubase for 20y !
I wanted to load a sample into an audio track.
Opened the import dialog box.
Instead of browsing manually I entered a search into the Windows 10 search function within the import window.
When double-clicking on a search result item to import it I got an application terminated box with this message :
serious graphic driver related issue
And total crash…
It does NOT happen if I just browse and load samples. ONLY if using the search function.
Repeatable every time. Cubase 12.0.60 latest version on Win 10 64b 6 cores i9 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1070
Are your graphics drivers up to date ? have you got adrenaline installed ? Are you using the Studio version of the drivers (if there is one for the model of card ) ?
Have you any crash dumps you can post ?
Attach the DMP file, please.
Win: %userprofile% /Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps
Just posted crash dump.
Updated my drivers and same issue, kills Cubase every time.
Cubase 126.96.36.1993 64bit 2023.6.6 21.37.48.090.dmp (1.6 MB)
Everything seems to be graphics related in the crash dump , maybe Martin can shed more light on to it .
I can confirm the crash is in graphics2d.
Please try this:
- Download the latest Studio driver version from here. If there is no Studio driver for your graphic card, use the one, which is available and continue with the same steps bellow.
- Disconnect the computer from the Internet to make sure Windows will not download and install its own graphic driver.
- Uninstall the NVIDIA driver.
- Restart computer.
- Start the NVIDIA driver installation (as administrator).
- Don’t install the whole package, use the Custom (Advanced) settings.
- Disable everything (don’t install NVIDIA Experience, PhysX, etc.), keep just the video driver enabled.
- Connect your computer to the internet.