Crash on Project Load [Solved]

Hi,

I am having an issue with loading a project.

When opening the project, the mix console begins to load, but hangs at a certain channel (SideChainKick). I can’t think for the life of me why. I did a hell of a lot of hours of editing on this so I really want to get this back. I have checked a few of the .bak files and it still hangs on this single channel.

Is there any way one can open Cubase in ‘safe mode’ to see what is going on? I’m at a loss here.

Thanks in advance,
Alex.

Hi and welcome,

These crashes mostly happen with some plug-in incompatibility. Try to rename all plug-ins folders, start Cubase and open the project again. Then you can check, what plug-ins has been used and test, which plug-in might be faulty.

I would recommend to update all your plug-ins.

I have now fixed the issue.

I have no 3rd party plugins and only ever use stock plugins. However for some reason, Cubase was supplied with Voxengo Curve EQ which was used on one of my tracks. The ‘licence’ had expired and was crashing on every load.

Very frustrating that it took me hours to rectify this when it is something I never asked for. At least give a heads up!

Hi,

That’s weird. The license of Voxengo CurveEQ shouldn’t expire, this is part of Cubase.

Could you right.click to the eLCC application and start it as Administrator and then trigger Maintenance?

Hi, could you please explain how you solved this issue because I have exactly the same problem with Voxengo Curve EQ!
I am using Cubase Artist 10 and since yesterday, whenever I launch my project in Cubase, I have this annoying error message popping up:

“eLicenser Control error - Application ‘Voxengo Curve EG’ has caused the following error: the user has canceled the license selection” - Options: click OK to abort" (see attached file for a picture of it).

I remember that a few days before this, I received a warning message from Cubase saying that my trial of Voxengo Curve EQ was going to end soon as it is part of Cubase 10 Pro, or something like this.

So, maybe I have this message because I can no longer use Voxengo with my Artist License. But how to stop this error message to appear every time? It’s kind of scaring me every time it pops up!
Picture1.png