Crash - on start VL

Hi,
I’ve attached the Dunp-File
Heino
VST Live Version 1.1.30 2023.1.7 18.6.26.704.dmp.zip (111.1 KB)

Starts when WIFI is active !

Does that imply that it does not crash when WiFi is disabled?
The crash happens somewhere in the DMX device initialization, could be it detects some ArtNet commands…do you have any ArtNet DMX devices connected?
In any case, we added a security check, so pls check again with the next version.

Hi,
today no start - WIFI on or off.
Last message from VL :“halion - passed”
No DMX-device.
I install a new PC.
Yesterday I could fix the first crash.
Last installation - new Version of Waves plugins - one of this vst3 crashes.
I try installation with REAPER - REAPER named the faulty vst3 - I renamed the vst
and starts a new VL - all ok.
After installing next plugins VL crashes again.
Could it be a problem with registering plugins ?
Heino

Hi,

do you have any new crash-dmp files?
Beside this, can you please find the following folder
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\VST Live_64
zip it and share with us?

Thank you,
Michael.

Hi,
the new Files
Heino
CrashDumps.zip (1.7 MB)

… that’s very helpful, @hleemhuis. We are still investigating it and will return to you.

Michael.

Hi
Also had experiences with crashing on start-up. Have a hunch it may be a VST plugin called Nektarine which is a vst wrapper/controller for Nektar Aura.
Many thanks

VSTLiveCrashDump.zip (243.7 KB)

… it is crashing directly in the Nektarine.vst3 Plugin. Is it crashing every start-up?

Michael.

Hi Mr. Spork,
thanks for your reply, but the reply leaves my questioning, because there is no Nektarine.vst3 installed on the system or in the Scan-Path.
Heino

hi Heino, I guess Micha was replying to BeeCee :slight_smile:

Hi there, no it isn’t. Mostly it crashes one or twice. When I restart VST Live it then loads. Firm ware has been updated yesterday for the Nektar Aura, and also applied update for Nektarine.

The crashes seem to occur on first use of VST Live after switching on. After this the crashes are uncommon. Maybe something about initial loading into memory?

Hope this helps

New Nektar Aura firmware update (Aura_FW_WIN_V010020) and Nektarine 2.5.69 build appear to have solved the crash on VST Live startup…so far!

… musicullum was right. I was talking to @BeeCee. We have found out that your vst3 waves plugin crashed VL. Can you please zip me your
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\VST Live_64
folder and give it to me?

Thank you,
Michael.

… excellent news ! Let us know when the crash returns.

See you
Michael.

:smile: Not sure if you made this request to @hleemhuis or myself but here is a zip with the requested files.
VST Live_64.zip (17.7 KB)

In addition to above there does seem to be an issue shared with @hleemhuis regarding waves plugins. Notable that Nektarine, which I am using as a plugin in VST Live was itself having issue with the latest Waves update. Maybe linked?

Hi Mr. Spork,
my zip-files attached.
regards
Heino
VST Live_64.zip (202.5 KB)