Crash when converting from 44.1 to 48K

I know it’s unusual to convert from 44.1 to 48, but I had to because I accidentally recorded in 44.1 for some of the drum tracks on a song I’m working on. I went to Project Settings and changed to 48. Cubase converts all the files, then when it asks if I want to keep audio events at their sample position, it hangs and never recovers. This seems like a bug to me. How/where should I report it?

Hi,

Which Cubase version do you use, please? Are you in Windows or Mac? Could you attach the *.ips/dmp file?

On on a Mac.

Here’s the file. Looks like an NI component. However, what I did was simply change from 44.1 to 48 kHz in the Project Setup menu. Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks.
Cubase crash.rtf.zip (13.4 KB)

Hi,

This is a *.rtf file. Attach the source *.crash or *.ips file, please.

Sorry - I don’t know how to grab it as that file type.

Hi,

Mac: macOS Console utility > Crash Reports (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports)

Sorry about that - here you go. You have to “show in finder” to get the .ips file and I didn’t quite know how to do that…
NIHostIntegrationAgent-2024-06-21-074526.ips (54.5 KB)

1 Like

Hi,

The rash is completely on NI side:

Thread 22 Crashed:
0   CoreFoundation                	       0x180d41ae0 CFRunLoopWakeUp + 144
1   NIHostIntegrationAgent        	       0x102b1a1e0 NI::NHL2::MessageReceivePort::~MessageReceivePort() + 72
2   NIHostIntegrationAgent        	       0x102b1efd4 NI::NHL2::SERVER::IPCConnection::~IPCConnection() + 136
3   NIHostIntegrationAgent        	       0x102b1ed10 NI::NHL2::SERVER::IPCConnection::~IPCConnection() + 12
4   NIHostIntegrationAgent        	       0x102a8be88 void* std::__1::__thread_proxy<std::__1::tuple<std::__1::unique_ptr<std::__1::__thread_struct, std::__1::default_delete<std::__1::__thread_struct>>, NI::NHL2::SERVER::IPCServer::removeClient(NI::NHL2::SERVER::IPCServer::ClientEntry*)::$_6>>(void*) + 84
5   libsystem_pthread.dylib       	       0x180c7ef94 _pthread_start + 136
6   libsystem_pthread.dylib       	       0x180c79d34 thread_start + 8

Please, get in contact with NI support.