[Crash] When opening a project. Cubase Pro 8.0.30 Windows 10

Hi Everyone,

Since a few days ago, I’ve had a lot of crashed when opening projects. I’ve tried moving the VSTPlugins folder and copy every single plugin one by one. I thought I’d identified the Native Instruments Massive as the source of the crashes, but after some time, Cubase even crashed without it.
I can’t seem to find the problem.

I have Cubase Pro 8.0.30 32bit version with Windows 10 Pro x64 with all updates installed (just checked for new ones, all is good)

Here is the link to the latest crash dump: http://1drv.ms/1PLlpaz
I hope you’ll be able to help me with this issue. It is really destroying my music making vibe :frowning:

If there is more information needed, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Thanks in advance!

Best, Rob

Hi,

I just wonder, why do you use 32-bit Cubase on Win10 64b, please? Isn’t the crash simply because you are out of the RAM limit in 32-bit Cubase?

You should probably submit a support request via your MySteinberg account and state that you have crash dumps…they will hopefully be able to analyse them for you.

In the meantime I migrated everything to Cubase Pro 8.5 64 bit including all of my plugins. It was a hell of a job, but everything now is 64 bit (with the exception of 1 plugin, but that one works with the VSTBridge)
No more crashes and everything is stable :slight_smile:

Hi,

Then it could be, you were out of the 32-bit memory limit.