Crash while listening and manually changing the function of the tangled melody in the MIDI editor

Hi! @Armand

Another error occurred while listening and manually changing the function of the tangled melody in the MIDI editor. The instrument used is VPS Avenger 2. Cubase shut down unexpectedly. I am sending the IPS file.
Cubase 13-2024-03-23-162411.ips (592,5 KB)

Cubase 13 still freezes at the end of the audio export process. The issue occurs when I export audio mixdown using keyboard shortcuts. However, when I click File->Export->Audio Mixdown with the mouse pointer, there is no problem. Cubase 12 does not have such issues.

Hi,

What exactly do you mean by this, please? Did you change the MIDI Note’s Pitch, Position, Length? Did you select multiple MIDI Notes or just one?

Which “MIDI Editor” exactly do you use, please?

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

1 Like

The problem occurred when moving up or down one note, then another and another, after a few such actions Cubase turned off. I mean the midi editor that opens after double-clicking on the recorded track in the VST instrument channel. Just like in the video

Hi @Kris_N ,

Could I kindly ask you for the project and your preferences folder? You can share it with me via Dropbox (or a similar service). You can send the link via Private Message if you don’t want to share it publically.

Cubase Preferences folders are:
Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase X
Win: %appData% \Steinberg\Cubase X_64

Where the X is the Cubase version (for example 13).

Does this happen with other VST Instruments than VPS Avenger 2?

there was such a problem before, but on a different vst. It was a serum.
I’m sending a link to my preferences in a private message.

Greetings
Kris

1 Like