Q6600, 8GB RAM, 7200rpm HD
Cubase Pro 8.05-64, Win7-64
EW_Play 4.2.2-64, EW Ghostwriter lib
- start Cubase 8.05
- start a new empty project (ctrl-N -> other -> empty)
- Choose Track instrument: play_VST_x64 (btw.: same if you do this with Rack Instruments)
make sure, that your midi keybd is connected and routed correctly
monitor on for play_VST_x64
- load EW Ghostwriter, navigate (browse) -> 1 Guitar -> Arp LesGtr Filtered.ewi (takes a lot
of time in C8.05, but not in 7.5.30; I don’t know why).
- wait (yes wait) until it is loaded, play some notes, works, fine.
- click on VST-Instruments down to choose another preset (“next program”)
(“next program” see p. 599/601 in cubase8 Operation Manual EN version from Feb. 2015)
=> CubasePro 8.05 crashes. Not nice.
=> Cubase 7.5.30. loads much faster, crashes too. And not nice too.
Cubase 6.5.5 works, because there is no Track/Rack Instrument feature not available…
its different just VST instruments. …and it loads much faster too.
May be that cubase / EW_play engine did not find a “next program” but it should not crash anyway.
Can anyone confirm this? Perhaps with a different EW library?
Thanks, regards, Mike