Crashes and error messages

I’ve been getting this message a lot recently. I’m not sure exactly what it’s about or why. But it must be about crashes since I’ve been experiencing more crashes lately, especially when using Groove Agent SE. And there is a .dmp file in the location it points to. It might be that my laptop doesn’t have enough RAM but this did not happen until quite recently. Should I be sending these dump files to Cubase support?

Hi,

First of all, I would recommend you to update to the latest Cubase 10.5.20.

Thanks. I have updated and the problem persists so I have opened a ticket at Steinberg support and sent them the crashdump files. I’ll post a solution if I get the issue resolved.

FYI I’m pretty sure the crashes are being caused by Groove Agent SE. Crashdump file attached.
Cubase Elements 10.5.20.179 64bit 2020.11.7 21.10.55.660.dmp (1.24 MB)

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg CAN-32357.

Hi,

Please make sure you have the latest eLCC installed. Also install the latest Groove Agent SE (5.0.20), please.

I have already updated Cubase Elements to version 10.5.20. There is no option to download a separate update of Groove Agent SE in the Download Assistant or the Cubase Elements update file. My version of the eLCC is 6.12.5.1277, which I believe is the most up-to-date version.
I don’t think this issue is being caused by old versions.

Hi,

You can download the latest Groove Agent from Steinberg Download Assistant. This will update Grove Agent SE too.

Yes, eLCC 6.12.5.1277 is the latest update.

Sorry but I only see Groove Agent 5 in the Download Assistant, not Groove Agent SE. As far as I can see, SE is updated along with Elements.

Hi,

Groove Agent SE 5.0.20 is currently the latest update.

Could you try to restart your computer and then also switch it Off and then On again, to reset the timer (sorry, only one of these methods resets the timer, I don’t know which one)?

This issue happens regularly, even after restarts or off/on boots.

Hi,

I’m afraid there is no other way but wait for an update.

Can you tell what the issue is? Is there some way to read the crashdump files and figure out what is causing this?