Crashes when consolidating Bar Repeats

Hello Dorico Team.

The project is an act from an opera to be performed soon. The project has one single flow with 650 measures, scored for big orchestra (3/3/2/2 and so on) and voices, all placed separately (Flauto 1, Flauto 2, etc). The file in Dorico has ca. 2,8 Mb and originates in an import from Finale via musicxml. I attach an excerpt.

Trying to take advantage of Dorico layout and notation capabilities, I have tried to use the bar repeats consolidation. In some parts (Oboe 2, Clarinet 2) when I try to make it (i.e. deleting the music content to allow the “repeat bar” sign appear), the program simply shuts off.

I have tried to split the repetitons in two or three groups (4, 8 or 16 bars), deleting all the music or leaving the first bar and the result was the same.

Maybe it is an issue related to the file size. Some minutes ago I have tried to do it in the attached excerpt and the consolidation worked properly.

Any suggestions? I have to send the parts soon to the orchestra…

Thanks in advance. My best wishes.

Gerardo
crashes when consolidating bar repeats.zip (665 KB)

Gerardo, I’m sorry you’re experiencing a crash. Can you please do Help > Create DIagnostic Report and attach the resulting zip file to a reply here?

Also, are you saying that you cannot reproduce the crash in the project you’ve attached here, or that you can? If you can reproduce the crash, please provide the specific steps to reproduce the problem. If you can’t, then please provide the file itself that does reproduce the crash, together with the specific steps you need to take to trigger the crash. If you can’t attach it here, you can email it to me at d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de. Please include the steps to reproduce the problem and a link to this thread.