Crashes...

Cubase 9.5 crashes everytime I work with it. If I want to record a file it crashes and the programm quit without saving anything. If I want to export files dito. I can’t use this programm as a prof anymore. Anyone else has to deal with this problem?
What are good alternatives?

Hi,

Make sure your Cubase is up-to.date (Cubase 9.5.41 at the given time). Make sure, your plug-ins are up-to-data.

Try to start Cubase in Cubase Safe Start Mode.

Attach crash dump file.
Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps folder.
Mac: Console utility > User Reports folder.

Thanks for your reply. I’ve tried the things you said above but nothing helps. And I’ve upgraded everything last week so that’s not the problem.

Hi,

Could you attach the crash dump file then, please?

Where can I find the crash dump file(s)?

Hi,

Please, read my post above:

Attach crash dump file.
Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps folder.
Mac: Console utility > User Reports folder.

Cubase 9.5.40.259 64bit 2018.11.7 13.02.dmp (528 KB)
This is the last .dmp file in the folder, there are no more recent ones…

Hi,

I would also recommend to update to the latest Cubase 9.5.41.

The crash is in GUI area. Could you provide more details about your system, please?

Windows version (make sure Windows is up-to-date), graphic card (chipset, driver version - make sure the driver is up-to-date, please).

I’m already working with the latest Cubase 9.5.41.

I use Windows 10 which updated automatically but I’ve just run the last update.
I use Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 which I’ve just updated.
RAM 8 GB
64 bits

I’ve restarted my pc and Cubase but Cubase still kicks me out when I for example record a piano part. And I do not see it back in the map with crash dump files.

Hi,

From this thread, it actually looks like it’s better to install an older Graphics driver.

Could you read thru, please?

I’ve made an update with Licence Manager (Fxpansion plugin, that was the only thing I forgot to update). I’ve made some records in Cubase without crashes, hope this was the issue and I can enjoy using Cubase again.

Thank you very much for your thoughts and help!