Crashes

Aaaargh… wonder if anyone can share any help.

I’m new to Cubase - about 2 weeks in… I’ve got Cubase 8 Pro which I’m having so much fun with… but one thing is really spoiling it…

It keeps crashing… I’ll be using Cubase then all of a sudden a blue screen… with a message

“Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re collecting some error info then we will restart for you”
In small print it mentions something about SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION.

My PC is powerful enough to run Cubase, I don’t tend to run anything else at same time.

It’s really beginning to spoil my experience and get in the way of my creativity.

No exaggeration in about a 3 hour session today I got about an hours work done because of so many crashes then waiting to reboot etc.

Anyone know what is happening and what I can do.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-system/your-pc-ran-into-a-problem-and-needs-to-restart/0c77025b-92cc-4e40-b96c-39d606ec0b55

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

May I ask what interface you are using?

Or anything that might have changed recently.

I have suddenly had way to many crashes so I just bought a new system in case my usually trusty one fails.

Blue screens are usually hardware related from what I know. Or how it is setup.

In my case it seems like I may have a bad sector in one of my OS drives (RAID 1). But I get no dump logs. Maybe because I have deleted some MS stuff for performance. I don’t know… I just have to finish two records before I tear apart the PC to find out.

$1800 and a new system being set up now. Then I will diagnose the issue with the other system.

I did not have any crashes until I updated the firmware and driver for my UR824’s. That does not mean they are the issue, just a landmark that I remember. Could be anything…

Ok, so I fixed all of my issues by deleting App Data for previous versions of Cubase 6, 7 and 8.

Now I can’t find a way to make Cubase 8 crash. I have tried really hard for an hour.

Have you had a previous version of Cubase installed?

The spec of the system I’m using is

Intel i5-3230M 2.60GHz Processor
8 GB Ram
64 operating system
Windows 8.1
Cubase 8 Pro
Tascam US122 Interface

oh and no previous Cubase installed

Doesn’t sound like anything to do with Cubase - but your PC instead, especially since the message started with “Your PC…”

I agree. It is system related.

I did find some quiet time with the ‘prefs’ deleted. But there is still an issue with my PC that is the issue.

Love the fact that ‘crossfades’ almost work normally! :slight_smile:

There is a Cubase issue there.

Anyway, best of luck! :slight_smile:

Hey jimmys69 - welcome back Mang!
Good to see you chime in every once in a while.