Crashing whilst creating Groups

Here to report an occasional crash when creating Groups in Setup. Has happened to me a couple of times now, but is intermittent. Wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this? Diagnostic report attached.

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (1.8 MB)

Dorico 4.3.11.1117 (also happened with previous version)
macOS Big Sur 11.6.7

Thanks to Daniel and the team for all the support they give on here.

Welcome to the forum, James, and sorry to take a couple of days to come back to you. I’ve taken a look at the crash log in the diagnostics you posted, and unfortunately it shows that the crash is within the Qt framework code and there’s almost nothing from Dorico itself in the stack at all. It looks like perhaps you were editing text when the crash occurred – perhaps you made a move to rename the group or one of the players within the group very quickly after the group has been created, and maybe Dorico was in the middle of performing some kind of edit? If you’re able to pin down the specific circumstances under which the crash occurs, or even give us a general idea, that would be super helpful. Thanks!

Daniel you’re an oracle. Spot on - I mucked about a bit and discovered that it absolutely does occur during text edit, specifically if I have been editing text and then click on something else active (like an input, as opposed to just in empty space) without first pressing return to end the text edit.

I’ve had a bit of a go at reproducing this, but haven’t been able to so far. Could you do a little screen capture recording showing how you are able to reproduce it?

I confirmed this happened a few times : create group and text edit the group’s name right after.

I obviously can’t do it quickly enough to trigger the problem!

It might have to with where you click after the text edit. I cannot reproduce it but it happened to me quite often

1 Like

Will give it a shot. After I hit some deadlines :sweat_smile:
Thanks for the help