Cre...scen...do...mol...to

Propagate Properties is something the Dorico Team introduced early because it was such an important need, but they have always said that this is not the ultimate solution planned in this area.

Dear fellow Doricians, beloved Team,
Dorico 3.5 has solved some problems in the area covered by this thread (especially the propagate properties thing). Since it’s all about refinement — and I really love new stuff in there (slanted beam refinements, slurs crossing sytems might be a favourite), I’m still hoping the cres-cen-do---- gradual dynamic design will be refined as well. A real cres-cen-do option (the last syllable ends the dynamic span, not hyphens), and also the height of the hyphens (bottom line _ or mid-letter as a normal hyphen). I suppose this refinement is somewhere on your backlog. I think this could be done with the new lines features of Dorico 3.5, so again, no rush in here. But I love Dorico so much (and there is indeed so much refinement in it) that it feels wrong to have that strange “cres----cen----do—” option.
PS : Maybe I’m missing something, so chime in and tell me it that’s the case!

Just another thing.
If I add “poco a poco” either with the click-selection or with the suffix text AND there happens to be a casting-off of the system soon after, the text does not wrap with the selection but spills into the margin and off the page.
On the other hand, " cre - scen - do" when selected does wrap with the music.
A preceding system break is needed to tidy this.

Solved in 5.1 :pray::pray::pray:

5 Likes

@pianoleo @dspreadbury @MarcLarcher Thank you!

1 Like