Create chord diagrams from Tabs

I am writing for fretted instruments and would love to simplify the way of using chord diagrams for visualization of certrain grips.

I would love to be able to just select some notes in the TABS that share the same rhythmic position and have Dorico create a chord diagram on top. If possible with an option to show or hide the chord name (because often it is passing chords that would overcomplicate the score with long chord names). I find that many people recognize familiar chord shapes from a visual feedback much easier.

I am writing a lot of jazz guitar and solo guitar. There is so many variations of chords that share the same chord name, it is very tedious to manually add all these shapes and then selecting the right shape for every diagram. The way I describe would be much quicker in this situation.

If there already is a way to do this, please let me know!

There’s no way to do this at the moment, but it’s certainly something we are thinking about adding in the future.

It would be great if this could work from notes, taking in consideration fingering, or (bare) position + notes if given. Not as straight forward as tabs though.

I find it quite quick to change the settings to show notes and tabs. You could adjust only the tabs where you need the diagram and switch back afterwards.

Thanks Daniel, it would be really cool to see this future soon!