I have two feature requests for the sampler tracks, which will enhance the workflow while production by a lot in my opinion:
1. Always create the sampler track instance below the current selected track in the track list:
- If you create a new sampler track by the “Add Track” menu in the track list, the new sampler track instance appears below the current selected track like expected.
- If you create a new sampler track by right click on a sample in the Media Bay, the new sampler track instance appears at the very end of all tracks in the track list.
2. Do not open lower zone by default when creating a sampler track:
- If you create a sampler, regardless from where, the lower zone with the “sampler control” opens up. I understand that it can be helpful if you want to tweak the settings right a away. But in combination with the behavior described aboveand the HiDPI bug in Cubase 11 it is a workflow killer for me.
→ Please introduce a preference setting which alows to turn the automatic opening of the lower zone off!
I hope someone from the Steinberg team will read my suggestion and others vote it up. I think the requests make logical sense and are not any subjective preferences.