Create stereo and atmos mixes in the same project?

it seems that some streaming services require a atereo mix and atmos mix of the same length etc. i’m new to cubase and i’m wondering if there is a standard way of handling these multiple requirements?

thanks for any insight.

Mike_Shurety1 - it seems that some streaming services require a atereo mix and atmos mix of the same length etc.

+1? Down mix Binaural? Headphone down mix from 7.1.4? Are they the same? How to make 2 track file from the 7.1.4? Loudness questions too? Curios, too, if we have a standard way.

from watching the “masters” on youtube it seems that a popular approach is to make the stereo mix as the primary focus, then import the stereo stems into an atmos session and give them a bit of a tweak. some of these masters are working with analogue gear, that must be much more logistically difficult than itb.

i’ve tried a binaural down mix, intended for headphones, and accidentally played it through my stereo setup. i thought it sounded OK. I must admit though that i am a poor judge of music. i listen to some of the “masters” and i damned if i can hear what they are demonstrating.

anyway, i will do some more experimenting soon as i have three songs to work on. interested in any comments.

cheers

Possible procedure:

• Set locator markers around your finished Atmos project.
  • Go to the 7.1.4 output channel where the “Renderer for Dolby Atmos” resides
  • Set to Renderer to 7.1.4
  • Open “ADM Authoring for Dolby Atmos” > select “Export ADM File” set destination folder, execute.
  • Go back to 7.1.4 output channel,
  • Set Renderer to Binaural in “Renderer for Dolby Atmos”
  • in the 7.1.4 output channel add a post fader “Send” assigned to your “Stereo Output” channel
  • go to Export, Export “Stereo Output” 48k, 24bit, .wav, Loudness set to -18db to destination folder

We should have an ADM Atmos file and a Stereo Binaural file the same Length.
Not sure if this is a correct procedure, comments are helpful.