Create Template - Please advise

Hi there,

I have seen some locked posts…

Can anyone please tell me HOW to create a template from an existing project - STEP by Step without deleting the actual project files ?

I can create templates from zero but i have a song I worked on that will be the “ground zero” for the next songs.

thanks in advance…

Will it work If I copy the WHOLE project folder to another Hard Drive → rename the general folder and rename the project name of the *.cpr → than open it and delete the files form the newly created folder? → than save as Template ?

will this keep my original project SAFE ?

Hi,

I save my templates in the file menu > Save as template…

I do get project files with the template, although not that much… Usually a click track in both midi and audio to drive a side chain, but I guess that that should work for all audio/ midi files in the template.

Should be this simple, or the recent update broke this, as I have only just tested my usual template on the new build last night… Have not made new templates (yet) as mine are still ok it seems.

Hope this helps…

Hi thanks for answering,

I have to make some ROCK songs, I need a tempalte made from the first song and I need it with an empty audio folder and no trash audio files…
I did created templates in the past from zero but this project was brought to me, worked on and now we need to turn it into an empty template…

1.Delete the clips / parts from the project window.
2.Open pool window, move everything from the trash back into the pool
3.select all files → right click “Remove unused media”
4.In the popup click “remove”. do not click “trash”
5 File → save as template
6.Close Cubase. In case you get a popup asking if you want to save - click no

Here is how I did it…

1. I copied the whole folder project to another hard-disk

2. i opened it - and Cubase asked me if I want to use THE NEW project. I sad YES

3. I opend it…

4. deleted ALL clips from teh project

5. CTRL+P for the Pool … removed all the clips from pool to trash

6. reopened both projects one at the time to check them… for missing files…

7. SAVE the “new” copied project as Template…

This is it.

but THANKS a lot for all your support.

That way you still have all the references to files in the trash though