Creating Backing Tracks

Hi Guys, New to Cubase and this is my first post, I have been exploring it for the last few days and I have set myself with the challenge of trying to create a backing track, But I don’t even know if this is possible and if so is there a fast way to create a generic drum track for a Ballad type of song, or do I have to do by using my keyboard as a midi controller to play the drums etc…

Any help appreciated, I have googled and youtubed endlessly and cant find anything relative to what im asking here.

Pencil Tool, create event of desired length on MIDI/ Instrument track. Right click-MIDI, open desired editor. Draw in data.

You could do it that way, but TBH - if you are new to Cubase, it’s probably going to be faster using your keyboard as a midi controller to play the drums etc.

Cheers.

Setting up the KB would take longer than drawing drums for a Ballad. :yes: :yfc:

The fastest way to get a drum track going:
Open the Loop browser, choose MIDI loops.
Choose “ballad”, or whatever you need and double click. Done. duplicate as needed.

Hi All

What about using Beat Designer,(midi inserts in the Inspector Panel)?

Best Regards

Dave Abbott

Toontrack sell songwriter midi drum packs which are very effective and easy to use (of course you need a vst drum instrument) or maybe they will play with something cubase has…dunno, anyway they are not expensive…around 20 quid…have look at em…Kevin

All of my Superior Drummer MIDI tracks drop in nicely into the Halion SE drum kits.

All of my Superior Drummer MIDI tracks drop in nicely into the Halion SE drum kits.[/quote]

even better…Kevin